Additional coverage cannot be added to unpacked items, as coverage does not apply to items that are not packed or adequately protected.
The declared value does not cover:
- Jewelry, coins, and collectibles.
- Damage to electronic equipment if there is no evidence of physical damage or breakage to the packaging container.
- Items of indeterminable value.
- Extremely fragile items (e.g. mirrors, glass, ceramics, etc).
- Improperly packed items.
- Concealed damage.
- Unpacked items, including furniture (sofa, chair, mattress, futon, box spring, dresser, table, etc) that is not wrapped and protected.
- Minor damage due to normal handling (including, but not limited to scratches, nicks, and cuts).
- Any damage caused by an event of force majeure.
- Damage to storage containers (e.g. boxes, trunks, etc.)
- Damages due to natural disasters, and any and all loss or damages occurring while the items are not in the possession of CB.
- Damages caused to particleboard and assembled furniture.
For additional information regarding declared value please refer to our terms and conditions.