We strongly recommend storing your monitor in its original packaging if you have it available and it is in good condition. Otherwise select a box that is appropriate for the size of your monitor and provides some extra space for cushioning materials.
- Prepare the Monitor: Turn off the monitor and unplug all cables and cords. If possible, remove the monitor’s base or stand.
- Wrap the Monitor: Start by covering the monitor with a layer of bubble wrap or foam sheets to protect the screen. Use packing paper to wrap the monitor’s screen, creating additional cushioning.
- Secure Cables and Accessories: Bundle and wrap the monitor’s cables, cords, and accessories separately. Label each bundle or use cable ties to keep them organized.
- Prepare the Box: Line the bottom of the box with crumpled packing paper or foam peanuts for added cushioning. Place the wrapped monitor in the center of the box.
- Add Cushioning: Fill any empty spaces around the monitor with more packing materials (bubble wrap, foam sheets, or crumpled paper) to prevent movement during transit. Ensure that the monitor is snugly surrounded by cushioning materials.
- Secure and Label the Box: Seal the box securely with packing tape, making sure all seams are well-taped. Label the box clearly with your name, Collegeboxes ID, and the contents (“Monitor”) using a marker.
Remember that the goal is to protect your monitor from shocks and impacts during transit or storage. Proper cushioning and secure packaging are essential for keeping your monitor safe.